Food safety is a top concern for many businesses in food and beverage industry like restaurants, catering units, bakeries, meat and fish processing. Time and temperature are essential for the food to remain safe to eat. The blast freezer is a freezer which is extremely cold. Such freezers preserve food at very low temperatures, freezing it extremely quickly. A blast freezer can reduce temperature of a food from +70 degrees C to -18 degrees C in less than 4 hours. Bacteria cannot thrive in the extremely cold environment of blast freezers.
At these low temperatures, blast freezer has almost no way of preventing frost build-up. Frost build up in the blast freezer can lead to odors that can affect the food. Employees opening doors can create temperature fluctuations, which also affects products inside.
To prevent over-cooling and temperature fluctuations, businesses in the food industry ca use temperature monitoring solutions. These solutions provide temperature monitoring for blast freezers over a wireless network to ensure temperatures are within acceptable tolerances and alert store managers when certain unfavorable conditions exist. This can prevent perhaps thousands of dollars worth of product from spoiling.
These solutions have some benefits you should take into consideration if you’re in the food industry:
- Real time monitoring of blast freezers and climate controlled facilities
- Reduced product losses and increased profit and product integrity
- Flexible and automated reporting of objective data for all assets supporting KPI performance management, HACCP, AQIS, food safety and compliance requirements
- Automated reporting that reduces labor costs from manual reports
- Reduces carbon footprint from reduced electricity used through door monitoring
Most companies buy blast freezers to meet very stringent regulations that aim to prevent any bacteria proliferation which takes places when the food is at a temperature between +65 and +10°C. Consumers are…